Wednesday, September 16, 2009

the Darcy Dilemma...

There is a real danger in reading/watching Pride and Prejudice... **sighs**.

Any red blooded woman who has read Jane Austin's works knows exactly what I'm talking about.

What few men I meet always turn out to be Wickhams... and the rare Darcy I meet has already met his Lizzy. What a shame... I'd make a very fine Lizzy if I ever met an available Darcy.

Compounding the dilemma... I'm not young anymore. Arriving at my mid-40's, twice married already, with a 3rd fruitless relationship... my darling daughter tells me I still have reason to hope.. lol... what a dear child.

I do have some points going for me... I'm not exceptionally good looking so get passed over very often.. but once you notice me, I am rather attractive :) I'm spunky, love to laugh, and am not afraid to face down my "superiors" if I feel I'm being insulted or misused. I'm very loving, and quite romantic. So... if I should be so fortunate to meet my Mr. Darcy, even in the fall of my years, I'm sure he'd fall madly and hopelessly in love with me :) so there. lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment